Wednesday 9 November 2011

First Blog

I've decided to start a wee blog mainly for a bit of banter but also because Mr Young, A.K.A http://ayoungxcskier.blogspot.com/, has one and some people actually seem to read it.


I'm currently in my home town of Huntly which for those who have never been it is the happening place of Scotland. Wikipedia has some very interesting facts about the town especially about fellow team mate Andrew Musgrave (pictured left). who apparently has been given the keys to the town and is know as the "Fabula" which is latin for "The Legend". 


Huntly does apparently have more than just a famous son and for more interesting facts about the town visit the ever reliable Wikipedia.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntly,_Aberdeenshire

I was suppose to be doing my first race in 11 months this weekend but with hardly any snow anywhere in Scandinavia or Europe this hasn't happened. Living in Scotland I am use to skiing on some dodgy snow and trails but this year the Russian team have taken the term "marginal conditions" to a whole new level .

Russian team attempting to ski at Natrudstilen, Norway
They are officially my new heroes because its bad enough skiing round and round a 1km loop never mind with  the added danger of face planting on tarmac. Heroes!

Any way I can't wait to get back onto some snow because there's nothing like the real thing! Hopefully there will be snow here in scotland soon but I am desperate to get on some skiing trails anywhere in world. Anybody got any good ideas of where to ski at the moment?

Bye for now
Alex Standen




No comments:

Post a Comment